Subject: Re: Met Broadcasts We Wish We Had
From: walter guitian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 9 Sep 2017 18:24:46 +0000

One of the great losses was the Tebaldi Met Aida was not broadcasted. She sang Aida in New York in november/december 1955 and there was not broadcast. And the second opportunity was on november 30, 1957, the cast of the Aida matinee broadcast was Tebaldi-Bergonzi-Dalis-Merrill  and Mary Curtis Verna replaced Tebaldi  because Tebaldi's mother died that same day , november 30
Walter