Subject: Fw: nelson eddy smoking
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 6 Sep 2017 21:01:46 +0000

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
 To: daaaac <[log in to unmask]>
 Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:59 PM
 Subject: Re: nelson eddy smoking

No.  Lily Pons was once on the Merv Griffin Show (probably more than once actually).  They were probably talking about smoking but in any event he mentioned that Caruso smoked to which she replied, "Well, Caruso was a man."
I understand that Melchior was out smoking cigars and hunting before he recorded the Dawn Duet with Flagstad, and that that is the reason he utters that famous gasp at the end of the recording.
Mike