Subject: Re: Are opera movies forgotten?
From: Myriam Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 5 Sep 2017 09:36:22 -0400

Madama Butterfly (1955 Italian film), with the voices of Orieta Moscucci
and Giuseppe Campora. Beautiful and poignant color film.

Eugene Onegin (1958 Russian film), with the voice of Galina Vishnevskaya.
To me, this is a magical film, which portrays the Russian ambiance of the
time. The scenery is breathtaking.

The Queen of Spades (1960 Russian film), with the voices of Anjaparidze and
Avdeyeva. Although abridged, the singing and acting are superb.

Andrea Chénier (1970 film), starring Corelli, Casapietra and Cappuccilli
(singing and acting.)

There are many, many more, but these are my favorites..

Myriam