Subject: Re: Martina Arroyo - There's A Meeting Here Tonight!
From: Rudi Van den Bulck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 4 Sep 2017 21:31:21 +0200

it is indeed a fabulous recording with Dorothy Maynor (!!) leading the
chorus. Never released on CD. Another must-have is her 1968 CD of her
Liederabend (live and including 5 spirituals) in Schwetzingen in 1968.  Even
rarer is an MP released in Germany only in the mid-sixties (Fauré, Brahms,
Obradors, Ned Rorem , Nin and spirituals)
Or try this great rarity a televised P and B from Sweden, also early-mid
sixties :

George Rios wrote :

While doing some housecleaning I put on my scratchy LP of this stunning 1974
recital of
Negro spirituals by what I consider one of the most gorgeous soprano voices
I've ever heard.
Has it ever been on CD or download?

Modify your settings: