Subject: Re: AGE OF INNOCENCE: not the Met
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 4 Sep 2017 14:03:19 -0400

Lots of books in this place, but very few are novels, so I had to rely on
what I recalled of the film.  Speaking of films, I saw a lot of them in a
large theater named Loew's Academy of Music, which stood on or near the
very same site. Its interior even resembled an opera house. And in
Brooklyn, there used to be a
Loew's Metropolitan, now converted to religious services.  I have attended
many
musical performances in what were once, and in some cases still are,
churches,
but I have yet to worship in a theater.

dtmk