Subject: Re: Are opera movies forgotten?
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 4 Sep 2017 13:25:23 -0400

For me, besides Bergman's FLUTE, another one that succeeds as a film is
KATERINA IZMAILOVA, a filmed version of Shostakovich's LADY MACBETH OF THE
MTSENSK DISTRICT. I don't think that the director can be credited so much
had it not been for Vishnevskaya's astonishingly demented performance (both
singing and acting). It grips and haunts you well after it's over.

Vesna