Subject: Re: Are opera movies forgotten?
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 4 Sep 2017 11:43:33 -0400

There were so many good ones - b & w and some in color.  At the Fine Arts

in Chgo I saw the Tosca with Corelli and Duval (voce di Caniglia) and I was

in heaven.  At a festival of opera films in Boston I enjoyed the Traviata wth

Moffo and the Aida with Loren (Tebaldi) and the Pagliacci with Lollabrigida

in the background.  I walked out on the Khovanshchina.  It had no subtitles

and I was too young for that.

Angelo from Boston