Subject: Re: Alligators in Opera
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 2 Sep 2017 20:02:57 -0400

Actually Castorff desecrated arguably my favorite scene in the entire Ring
- In Siegfried Act 3 Wotan and Erda meet for some al fresco dining in a
distinctly middle class spaghetti emporium. After discussing world altering
issues, and twirling their pasta. they repair to a nearby tree where Erda
serves Wotan dessert in what must surely be garlic infused fellatio!  All
the while, Wagner's music flows on - irrespective of what is taking place
on stage!