Subject: Re: Alligators in opera
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 2 Sep 2017 12:35:21 -0400

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Gabriel Stelian <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I actually encountered alligators in opera. In the third act of the
> current Bayreuth Siegfried, two alligators have sex on stage, while Wotan
> and Erda are engaged in a spaghetti fight.

OMG. I wonder if they are using the recycled alligator costume for Kundry
from Torino's PARSIFAL a few years back (the fabulous Goerke was Kundry).
http://operachic.typepad.com/opera_chic/parsifal/

If some silly conceptions are supposed to shock us, then at least they can
try to be original. Too much to ask, it seems.

Vesna