Subject: Re: "Tu vedrai" at the Met (was Re: Sirius 'Trovatore')
From: Art McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 31 Aug 2017 13:10:49 -0400

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:42:06 -0400, Max D. Winter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Do those with long experience at the Met recall whether "Tu vedrai" was
performed at the Met any time during the 50s or 60s?

I remember hearing both Arroyo and Caballe sing it on broadcasts.  If it
wasn't the '67 bcast on Sirius this week, it would have been the next bcast
with Arroyo (and Tucker again), in 1971 conducted by Mehta.  Caballe was two
years later, with Cillario conducting.  I wonder if Price ever included it
in her Met performances.

Art