Subject: Re: alligators!
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 31 Aug 2017 13:08:21 -0400

There have always been alligators in this part of Texas, but they tend not to hang out in urban
areas (although one would think the canine and feline population would be an attraction), and
those that are encountered are quickly removed by the Authorities to a more congenial
location.  But with water, water everywhere in Houston, it is expected that alligators might be
a problem in the immediate future.  In answer to a previous question, one "takes
precautions" against them by avoiding deep murky water and keeping one's eyes open in low-
lying wooded areas.  Also, not leaving babies and small children unattended by the bayous!

As for not being nice to mess with Mother Nature, as a Houstonian I would say, to the
contrary, that it is not very nice for Mother Nature to mess with us (although there is little we
can do about it when she does).

You know, I think this is a first: alligators on opera-L.

MDW