Subject: Re: French Opera Rarities
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Aug 2017 16:49:30 -0400

I was at L Center one evening trying to decide whether I wanted
to attend Louise with Sills at the NYC Opera or the Met's first
ever Lulu.  Berg won out, but I did see Louise in Boston with
Neblett and Alexander and it was a good show.  At one point the
female choristers ran out on stage and the audience giggled because
several of them were on the heavy side.  One French opera not yet
mentioned that I saw with Boston Concert Opera and enjoyed thoroughly
was La Navarraise.  It had a very fine mezzo,  Brenda Boozer, who had
a relatively short career in the limelight I believe. Her husband was
the comic Robert Klein.

Angelo from Boston