Subject: French Opera Rarities
From: Stephen Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Aug 2017 18:36:28 +0000

I've not posted here for a long time, but I cannot pass up my favorite topic. Yes, revive Mignon. The roles are superb, the arias well known, the music, despite all the bricks thrown at it, is beautiful. It used to be standard rep. I'd even like to see it with the comic opera ending, where all the characters appear on stage for the final bow. Go for it.

While we're at it, there's lots of others the Met hasn't done in years -- Pénélope, Le Roi d'Ys, Louise  . . . .

Stephen Adams