Subject: Re: French opera rarities
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Aug 2017 16:31:23 +0000

Hello everybody

"Mignon" by Thomas, which until the end of WWII was in the repertoire
 of theaters large and small, throughout Europe and the Americas.

It has four terrific roles for singers who can pull them off, and the title
role is among the great vocal/visual challenges in all of opera.

To know Giuseppe di Stefano's recordings of the two great tenor arias
is to know musical perfection hardly matched in my experience.

It has a superb history, well deserved, and should be much better
known.

Bob