Subject: Re: alligators!
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Aug 2017 09:17:03 -0700

No your not Lee.  You are not crazy. There is an alligator farm in the area
- a tourist attraction with almost 400 alligators and their protective
fences had 8" to go before the alligators got loose.  Evidently they did.
Actually alligators are native to that whole coast, they live in the
bayou's and swamps from east Texas through Florida and are found up the
Atlantic coast as far as the Carolinas.

I know this is off topic but a friend in Santa Fe who knows has told me
that the only real news this summer was Brenda Rae as Lucia.  He said she
is golden age.  Best Lucia he's heard in decades and he's heard them all
going back to Lily Pons through Callas and Sutherland.  I've heard this
from others also.  He said the less said about Jobs, the better, Coq d'Or
was a bore, the men undistinguished and the Russian soprano pretty good.  I
didn't get his take on Alcina (it should have been good) or I believe
Fledermaus?  Well, if alligators has nothing to do with the list, this
certainly has nothing to do with alligators.  That is operatic.  Can you
imagine the cacophony of all those alligators baying at the moon tous
ensemble?

Donald

Donald