Subject: Re: Operas About Floods?
From: David H Spence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 Aug 2017 22:37:02 -0400

Gotterdammerung.

Now that we have a male stand-in to sync Brunnhilde while injured-foot Catherine Foster
sings Brunnhilde at Bayreuth for the last two acts of Gotterdammerung, I want to apply for
the next time an opportunity comes up.  I'll have to scrounge around my closet for what
good lame I may have purchased a long time ago and maybe whatever high heels may be
sitting around similar to what Melania wore in flight to Texas this morning.  I am acquainted
with Buck Ross at the University of Houston and probably could sign up for some acting
classes from him as well, perhaps even get cast in either Hedda Gabler or an Edward Albee
play, as I should probably grow very quickly good at doing this.  Where then at Bayreuth do
I send in my application?  ;-),, ;-)

Slipped Disc announced that both males and females may apply for the part - Brunnhilde.
And then, I'd like to request Lance Ryan, Daniel Brenna, or Simon O'Neill as my Siegfried,
because Andreas Schager is simply too good to sing this part in Bayreuth's current
production.  He should save his voice for elsewhere.  Furthermore, I do not think my acting
chops would compare with his either, and if any acuti are required out of me at any point,
to fill in for Cathy, I do not reckon they'd turn out any better than out of either Goerke or
Herlitzus.

Pardon my change of subject here.  Hope I have not thrown anybody off track too much.

David H Spence