Subject: Re: A Vast Collection of CD's and DVD's
From: Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Aug 2017 20:47:13 -0400

Do any of the things being "streamed" match what it was like, and still is
like, to hear the full glory of a fine recording in its original format,
played at home on the appropriate sound system; no headphone?.

I think they do.  And I have pretty high-end stuff: DQ-10s, etc. (Actually
the audiophiles call this mid-fi!)  I hardly listen to my studio recordings
anymore.  I much prefer live performances that I record from the Internet,
and most of my listening is done as I drive anyway.

I think some people's brains make the transition from a recording to what
they perceive live (if they actually know what live is) regardless of the
quality of the equipment.  Remember when you called someone on the phone and
you recognized the singer he was listening too?  Our brains are pretty
remarkable.