Subject: Re: Going Minimalist (was A Vast Collection of CD's and DVD's)
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Aug 2017 16:58:07 -0400

I spend a lot of time with Youtube too, but their sound quality, especially
the
radical variability of volume from one selection to another, depending on
who
happened to submit it, can be troublesome.

Fortunately, I avoided the trap of collecting dvds, having learned from a
ridiculous
hoard of vhs tapes, that,  once completed, they were never looked at
again.  But I have kept all my Bette Davis and Norma Shearer dvds because
that's the kind of thing I am more likely to return to than a complete
opera.

dtmk