Subject: Tristan and money
From: John Nici <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:53:45 -0400

Hi Listers,

Although not the same as the Tristan interruption, I did witness the begging
for money prior to a performance of Mefistofele at NYCO. Tony Randall
emerged from the curtain to address the audience--without a microphone--and
asked us to contribute during intermission, when ushers would stand in
convenient places with collection baskets.

He was greeted warmly with a round of applause. I have no idea what the take
was on that night.

John, Rego Park, NY