Subject: Re: Helen Traubel: The loviiest Night of the Year
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Aug 2017 13:40:18 -0400

Things keep turning up; I had no ides there was a Traubel "All The
Things You Are"; I may have to break down and order the Sepia
disc.  "A Perfect Day" can't be missed either.

Another lp that hasn't been mentioned was the fabulous Camden
compilation, which may be where "Merry Widow Waltz" comes
from, but also includes her earliest RCA opera arias, and one of the
best "Lost Chords" ever found.

To make matters worse, thanks to You tube, I came across a nearly
8 minute Casta Diva sung with perfect intonation, midwestern accented
Italian, and zero emotional involvement, but with Fiedler, again, credited
as conductor.  I can find no entries for any such thing in the RCA catalog.

It ain't over yet!

dtmk