Subject: Regina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 27 Aug 2017 17:46:15 -0400

One of my Regina Stories
When I think of Regina Resnik, born 8/30/22 and our 50 years of friendship,
I am reminded of one of the funniest stories she told me.

Zinka Milanov cancelled Leonora on Dec.2, 1944 (circumstances are rumors)
allowing Regina to make a surprise Met debut.(She was originalkly to be
Santuzza foir her debut.). One night, Regina, doing a Zinka better than
Zinka, said "I vas never seek.!!" I guess Zinka,in her arrogance, never saw
the Met annals!!!!

  Regina was always invited to the Met roundtable intermissions on the
broadcasts because of her wonderful humor, and of course her brilliant
knowledge. No other opera artist was able to achieve fame as singer
(soprano/mezzo),director,producer,filmmaker,coach,teacher,Broadway
star...and good cook!   I miss her so much, but the Milanov story still
remains in my mind and cracks me up!!!!