Subject: Re: Salzburg AIDA on WFMT at 1 pm EDT today
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Aug 2017 13:59:04 -0500

The broadcast began on a high note [pun may or may not be intentional - I haven’t decided yet]. Meli sang the final note of “Celeste Aida” piano, “come scritto.” No surprise with Muti conducting.

Kurt Youngmann

> On Aug 26, 2017, at 11:49 AM, E J Michel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> operacast.com for streaming info
>
> Salzburg Festival 2017:
> Verdi’s “Aida” conducted by Riccardo Muti.
> Roberto Tagliavini, The King
> Ekaterina Semenchuk, Amneris
> Anna Netrebko, Aida
> Francesco Meli, Radamès
> Dmitry Belosselskiy, Ramfis
> Luca Salsi, Amonasro
> Bror Magnus Tødenes, A Messenger
> Benedetta Torre, The High Priestess
> Concert Association of the Vienna State Opera Chorus
> Ernst Raffelsberger, Chorus Master
> Vienna Philharmonic
> Angelika-Prokopp-Sommerakademie der Wiener Philharmoniker, Stage music
> From the European Broadcasting Union. (3 hrs., 35 min.)
>
> Best regards,
> Elizabeth
>
> E J Michel

“Christ died for our sins. Dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing them?”
—Jules Feiffer, quote cited widely on Internet, and by Warren Allen Smith in Who's Who in Hell