Subject: Re: Onegin and Lang
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Aug 2017 01:23:07 -0400

Have you ever noticed how Lenski's "big tune": matches
Don Jose's "Flower Song?   I think passages like that are
what opera is all about.  I have been acquainted with Lady
Macbeth's scene for as long as both of them, but to me
she only sounds like an exhausted soprano under generic bel
canto stress, longing for some melodic relief.  Maybe that's
what Verdi intended, but I am not moved by it.

dtmk