Subject: Re: A Vast Collection of CD's and DVD's
From: Peggy Houdek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Aug 2017 22:03:48 -0400

Yes, that’s true and very sad to face.  When I moved a couple of years ago, I had tons of each kind of recording to deal with — 78s, lps, cassettes, cds, dvds, etc.  These were collections of my husband and myself that went back many years before we met.  Also, many, many books.  It was a very difficult thing to face as I had to do it myself, as he was ill at the time and later passed away.  I gave many things to the libraries and sold some at estate sales.  But, the bottom line was that I simply had to throw some things away.  I kept many ads which I’m now organizing  and play on my iMac computer.  I try now to rarely add anything to my collection that isn’t streamed!   What I finally had to realize was that the joy they had brought us was still there even if the material items weren’t.  It helped.

All best in your decisions.

Peggy