Subject: Re: "Restoring" the Old Met (was Re: Helen Traubel reissue)
From: John Rahbeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 22 Aug 2017 13:24:58 -0400

There really are  some burdensome results, I'm one of those that feels  the
Met is simply too big, lacking important amenities such as easily
accessible and available rest room facilities, opera clubs, waiting rooms,  snack
bars and comfortable spaces where people can sit.
 And contrary to popular belief, the Met has experienced a waning  audience
before, which often mirrors the state of the economy and times of
instability.
 However, that being said, quality performances will always be the  biggest
audience draw in the long run.
John Rahbeck

In a message dated 8/21/2017 11:01:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,