Subject: Helen Traubel: The loviiest Night of the Year
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 23 Aug 2017 20:02:45 -0400

Call me an “easy” mark but Helen Traubel’s voice and manner in these
popular songs is Drop Dead Gorgeous – I expected more of a “shot and beer”
girl hiking up her skirts – but she never compromises the integrity and
grandeur of her essential gift.  There is the occasional misjudgment –
“Poor Butterfly ”  becomes “Mon Coeur s’ouvre a ta voix…”   but even in
that case the voice is so opulent and the delivery so generous  you have no
choice but to give in.