Subject: Re: Bad Seats at the Met (was Re: "Restoring" the Old Met")
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 23 Aug 2017 19:13:37 -0400

I for one like to be close enough to see tonsils...and I'll pay the Big
Bucks to sit close for "MY" operas / singers  (The new Radvan Norma)  - as
I believe Staged Opera is equally a visual and aural experience.  That
being said, the best seats in the house relative to balancing sight, sound,
and budget are those on the "tails" of the horseshoe.  The higher you go
(Dress Circle) the better the sound gets - and the visuals here are still
quite impressive...but you need to be in the front ring of seats as those
behind you are seriously compromised given the cost...I've come to find
that many have figured this out too and the earlier you have your ticket
order in, the better chance you have of getting those all important front
seats...