Subject: Re: EUGENE ONEGIN
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 23 Aug 2017 17:54:50 -0400

It is a beautiful work, both drammatically and musically.

I find Pique Dame more interesting, especially drammatically,
and to respond to Frank C., it has been very well treated at
the Met, with World Class casts, from the sixties until this day.
Vickers and, especially, McCracken were breathtaking. It
has never received a "poor" revival.

For those who might care, I considered his First Piano Concerto
as great as music ever gets, except maybe for the Rachmaninoff
Thrd. Russian music takes a back seat to no other in this house.

Bob