Subject: Re: EUGENE ONEGIN
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 23 Aug 2017 13:42:56 -0400

My love of Tschaikowsky's music was well established by mid century,
and if Paul Henry Lang's derision  of it had come to my attention, I would
have easily opposed it with Deems Taylor's unreserved admiration.  I knew
nothing of the sexual preferences of the composer of the Pathetique
Symphony or Romeo & Juliet Overture.   In other words, I have never
judged, embraced, or rejected any music on the basis of some "expert"s
opinion.

The practice of making buffoons out of mid-eastern potentates was a
centuries
old tradition, the consequences of which can hardly be equated with the fate
of the victims of the holocaust depicted in THE DEATH OF KLINGHOFFER.

dtmk