Subject: Re: Eugene Onegin (Not a good opera)
From: Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 23 Aug 2017 09:56:29 -0400

That was the most beautiful Onegin I ever saw and nothing will compare to it. Renee and Dimas last scene was pure heartbreak... which is why I could never warm to Anna's performance whether with Kwieczen or Mattei, not to mention that hideous and overbearing new set.
What was wrong with autumn leaves and gilded chairs? They conveyed the time , setting and mood perfectly.