Subject: Old Met Sightlines
From: MARVIN FREID <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 22 Aug 2017 19:13:39 -0700

In January, 1963, another resident at the hospital offered me 2 free tickets for Meistersinger.  Marsha and I went.  Seats were in the top or nearly top ring, all the way forward. It was my first Wagner opera.  By standing up and leaning over I could see perhaps 1/2 of the stage.  Marsha sat, heard everything and saw absolutely nothing.

The magical event of the evening was the snowfall that had arrived while we were inside. Oh what I would give to hear and actually see these singers again: Paul Schoffler, Lisa della Casa, Helen Vanni, Jess Thomas.

Marv Freid
Larkspur, CA