Subject: Re: "Restoring" the Old Met (was Re: Helen Traubel reissue)
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 21 Aug 2017 21:15:04 -0400

Actually, the section I was referring to as "burled"  is a mottled reddish
brown - seeming to my eyes like a burled wood echoing the pattern of the
genuine wood surrounding the back of the auditorium...as I understand it
veneer assembled from one single tree.  Check it out on your next visit and
you will see that it is indeed more than red paint slathered on in one
uniform color.

In terms of the proscenium sculpture, your guess is as good as mine...