Subject: Re: "Restoring" the Old Met (was Re: Helen Traubel reissue)
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 21 Aug 2017 22:37:49 +0000

I agree that the New Met is beautiful and very impressive, inside and out. The rising of the smaller chandeliers were always a joy to see. I was reminded of that when I saw Moonstruck recently and they showed the chandeliers rising and the audience reaction, supposedly before a performance of La Boheme. The House is big, but the sound and sight lines are great. The only complaint, a minor one, was the chipping and color change of the gold leaf on the walls. The would be better off just painting the walls a nice gold color. I think I was told the walls were a gold leaf, though I am probably wrong.