Subject: Re: Any opinions on this article?
From: William Prien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 20 Aug 2017 15:31:06 -0400

I think that the article was pretty much spot on, although it was a very
long-winded way of saying that most "pop" singers  have poor singing
techniques.

Some singers such as Adele and Whitney Houston are endowed by wonderful
singing voices by nature, but don't really seem to concern themselves
with any concern of technique.

These female pop singers sing mostly in chest voice, and take it up high
very often. This type of singing often will cause nodes, etc.

But, you can't really expect these types of singers to sing with any
type of "legit" singing, or they wouldn't be themselves.

There are many factors that contribute the these vocal issues, and the
singers should be aware of them.

Bill P.