Subject: The intendant
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 20 Aug 2017 13:26:23 -0400

Ray, absolutely true. An opera House is like a small city, and the inhabitants are individualists, all of them. It requires an iron hand, and a fine critical ear, just to name a few skills. Big opera houses can't be run like democracies.

Now that I think of it, reminds of the joke about Ben Gurion saying that Israel was hard to run because it was a. Nation of individualists.

No intendant who has ever been successful has ever been loved as a teddy bear.

RP

Sent from my iPhone