Subject: Re: Helen Traubel reissue
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 20 Aug 2017 10:02:30 -0400

It's not quite as bad as that.  He had instructed Fritz Stiedry to stop at a certain point

during the beginning of Act 2 so he could speak to the audience.  When he finished

speaking the orchestra continued playing.  It was still  a terrible thing to do for which

he of course never apologized.

Angelo from Boston