Subject: Re: Helen Traubel reissue
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 20 Aug 2017 04:35:33 -0400

Notwithstanding criticism and carping, Bing did a good job during his stewardship of the Met (and I had full access to the Met so that I saw him in action in private when he could be at his worst).  Further, just compare  him to Gelb where you could not get anyone worse to take the job unless someone who lives in a white house in Washington left his current job to take on running the Met.  :)

Best.
Ray

***