Subject: Re: Helen Traubel reissue
From: David Geary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 20 Aug 2017 10:13:42 +0200

In her memoires Astrid Varnay doesn't have anything much nice to say
about him. In the english edition she wrote (actually her co-author
suggested the line, but she liked it) "Rudolf Bing, who hadn't exactly
conered the market on the milk of human kindness."
Cyril Ritchard said " Never forget that under that ice-cold exterior
beats a heart of stone."

David