Subject: Re: Helen Traubel reissue
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:49:53 -0400

I don't hear anything "surreal"; I believe she sings this, and all the
other songs
contained in an album devoted to THE GAY NINETIES, in the manner of Nora
Bayes, or perhaps even Lillian Russel.   I'm afraid the complete album could
not be reissued though: not only would the title be misunderstood; it
contains the exuberant "Waiting for the Robert E. Lee",  her performance of
which might label
Traubel an enemy of the state.

dtmk