Subject: Re: Celestina Boninsegna
From: Russ Geschke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 19 Aug 2017 08:47:27 -0500

Yeah, right on Bob.  You've saved me the trouble of rebutting that
scurrilous drivel (and I was going to cite your excellent Record Collector
article too).  I have many Boninsegna records, and cherish them all, with a
preference for her Gramophone Company recordings.  She might have had an
even bigger career if she had not been an essentially 19th century singer in
the age of verismo (just an opinion that has been forming).  A simply
glorious and most expressive voice and a fine musician.