Subject: Re: Aida from Salzburg Today
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 18 Aug 2017 17:12:58 -0700

Si, mai piu, mai piu.  I remember years ago being told by Eddy Smith ( I
was a mere teenager at the time) that Charles Dalmores had told him of
singing with Celestina Buoninsegna who was basically an Italian peasant,
that she didn't bath and never changed her undergarments.  When they sang
together and she got too close, Dalmores used to step back and hold his
breath.  He said on one occasion he actually vomited.  I really have no
clue if this is true, but its kind of funny.

Si non e vero, e ben trovato!!!!

Donald