Subject: Great Granni Patti?
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 15:49:12 -0400

While certainly not an expert on Adelina Patti, I've read most of the
biographies - Klein, Cone, Lauw - and because she is always a good story, I
usually go to the index of any opera related book and check out the "P's."
When in my salad days, I searched for her in Pere Lachaise and left some
flowers on her Marquee like grave stone.

I have several of her Pink Patti's and these early pressings play
particularly well on my old Victor machines - the voice and
her artistry(whatever the depredations of time) jumping off the shellac.
Ward Marston's transfer of her complete recordings on his own label are the
best available on CD.

In any case, I came across this touting a new biography by one Yvonne
Rogers claiming to be her great grand daughter?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/books/yvonne-rogers-adelina-1080052.html

As far as I know Patti had no children - legitimate or otherwise.  Can
anyone shed any light on this?  I have no idea about the quality of this
new book, but out of curiosity ordered it from Amazon...