Subject: Re: Tebaldi Sings Callas (was Re: Tebaldi's (in)famous 1963 'Adriana')
From: Max Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 07:52:09 +0100

Also, while the Santa Cecilia Orchestra wasn't the quality it is now, the chorus at the time was magnificent. On many of those Santa Cecilia based Decca Rome recordings, even if the singing has flaws, I find the choral work splendid (lie the Erede "Turandot" and Serafin "Mefistofele."  A Serafin/Sanata Cecilia set with, say, Tebaldi, Simionato (she finally did learn it a few years later for Karajan for Salzburg), Bergonzi, Siepi would have been amazing in Decca's super sound.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPad