Subject: Re: Tebaldi Sings Callas (was Re: Tebaldi's (in)famous 1963 'Adriana')
From: Ombrarecds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Aug 2017 12:53:11 -0500

EMI was set to do a Traviata in 1969. Callas, Big P or Placido, and most importantly Kostas Paskalis as elder Germont. I had tickets for the Traviata at Dallas Opera with Callas that year. Neither came to fruition. Listening to the EMI out takes from an aria album from that year Callas could have pulled it off with a few transpositions. Callas and Paskalis would have been a revelation.

Patrick Byrne

Sent from my iPhone