Subject: Re: DON CARLO Recordings
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 8 Aug 2017 10:22:44 -0400

Last night Don and I posted at about the same time and I already used my
2-post daily quota to follow up with my favorite recording. Although I
prefer the five act Italian version, my favorite recording also turns out
to be a 4-act v. in Italian but different than Don's. It's the '58 Salzburg
live with Jurinac, Simionato, Siepi, Bastianini, and Fernandi (who was not
one of the best Don Carlos but quite good here), Karajan conducting.
Everyone was spectacular. My ultimate desert island recording, hands down.
Thanks to this thread, I actually transfered it to my iPod this morning
and I'm listening to it right now for the nth time as my plane is just
about to take off. Yay!

Vesna
Sent from my iPhone