Subject: Re: Help from opera history buffs?
From: John Craton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 13 Aug 2017 14:35:37 -0400

For anyone interested, we have uncovered a tad more information about my wife’s opera-singing relative. For one, it turns out that she was my wife’s great-great-aunt (though that hardly matters to anyone but family). Her maiden name, and the one under which she apparently became known as an opera singer in Washington, D.C., circa 1900 was Beulah Dale Underwood. We have found that she later married (assuming the name Beulah Dale Turner) and apparently settled in Omaha, Nebraska, where she maintained a private music studio. We have found two photographs of her from her professional years, and they can be seen at http://www.craton.net/temp/OperaSinger.htm <http://www.craton.net/temp/OperaSinger.htm>. We even have quite a number of reviews of her singing, but in none of these does it mention with what opera company she toured. Again, if anyone could help us fill in the blanks with any further information about her or her career, it would be very much appreciated.

John Craton
www.craton.net <http://www.craton.net/>