Subject: Help from opera history buffs?
From: John Craton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 12 Aug 2017 21:26:42 -0400

Here’s a challenge for those given to obscure opera history. My wife and sister-in-law have been going through a lot of family photographs and papers since their mother passed away last year. In the course of their diggings they found that one of their great-aunts was evidently a professional opera singer around the beginning of the 20th century. All they know for sure is her name (Beula Underwood) and that supposedly she sang with an opera company in Washington, D.C. All I have been able to uncover myself about her is a brief record of her giving a concert with a Mary Sanders in Xenia, Ohio, in 1903. Would anyone else have any information about her at all?

John Craton
www.craton.net <http://www.craton.net/>