Subject: Re: Interview with Toscanini biographer Harvey Sachs
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:13:31 -0700

Thanks, Christopher.

I thought Sachs' first book on Toscanini, some 30+ years ago, was outstanding; one of the best musician bios I ever read.

I heard about this new one from James van Sant (thank you, Uncle Jim) and have it downloaded on my Kindle but haven't gotten into it yet. Have a biz trip abroad starting next week with some long flights, so looking forward to it.

Listening to Toscanini conduct a Verdi opera, Beethoven or Brahms symphony, Debussy or Strauss tone poem, just about anything, I come away feeling like my brain and thought processes have been power scrubbed.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone