Subject: Re: The audience sighs as one
From: Paul Ricchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 10 Aug 2017 17:03:56 +0000

I heard this phenomenon- I sensed it as a collective holding and releasing
of breath. It happened as Leontyne Price finished "Vissi d' arte" in
recital, with piano, on the Symphony Hall stage. Everything was perfectly
judged. I had heard her sing it before and again later, but never as it was
that I've time.