Subject: Re: The audience sighs as one
From: simon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 10 Aug 2017 11:34:15 -0400

For me, Otello (my first) at ROH in 1967. James McCracken as Otello with
Solti conducting up a storm (as it were). A vividly remembered collective
exhale after the end of the Act 1 love duet.

According to the ROH performances database  Gobbi was the Iago. I don't
remember anything much of his performance then, but the recordings of him
in the role I've heard  since have been awesome.

-Simon